Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Here Comes Santa Claus

Last night, from about 9:00pm to about 3:00am, Allie worked on making me a Santa costume:


I looked horrible. 

Fortunately, she wasn't done at all. But I'm getting ahead of myself, here's why this happened:


The "Dan" she mentioned is her boss, by the way. She didn't accidentally call me Dan. I think. Actually I'm not sure. I'll ask her later.

So there you go. I was forced into it...Kind of. I knew this was coming. To be extra careful, I practiced the voice and stayed in character for the past month just to get it right. I'm kind of like Daniel Day Lewis. Anyway, the video we shot came out really well, I actually looked and sounded legitimately like Santa Claus, and hopefully I never have to do this again. 

But here's the thing, take another quick look at how the costume and makeup look in that picture and video. It doesn't look great, but Allie is a freaking genius, because look at what all those weird individual pieces ended up as:


Incredible.

You'll never see the final video though.

Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment